Summer is coming, and the best way we know to celebrate is by decorating with LEMONS!! Hannah decided she wanted to spice up her coffee bar with a little lemon decor- so, she decided to MAKE the perfect little sign for her tiered tray!
Everything used is from Dollar General- which made this project a whopping TWO BUCKS!!!
- lemon napkins
- any kind of sign
- mod podge
- white paint
- paint brush
- Here are the stars of the show! Both the little sign AND the pack of lemon napkins were only $1... which makes this craft even better! Start by painting your sign white. This step honestly isn't even a big deal, because the lemon napkin will cover it anyway... but if you want to distress it a little once it's on, this is important so the white can show through!
- This was after three coats of Apple Barrel acrylic paint in "white"... again, this isn't a super necessary step, so don't worry about making this part perfect!
- Once your sign is dry, it's time for the fun part... attaching the napkin!!
- This part is crucial! Make sure you peel off the first layer of the napkin- if you don't, the napkin will be too thick!
- Go ahead and mod podge that bad boy on. Be SUPER careful when laying it down- you want the LEAST amount of bubbles as possible!
- Once you have it stuck on there, simply flatten it out and tear off the sides! Again- be super careful!
- At this point, I decided to sand the edges and a few spaces on the sign to let a little bit of the white peek through! Ta-daaaa!!! I must say... this little $2 diy was the perfect fit for the tiered tray! If you need a little pop of color for your tiered tray- try this out!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases at no additional cost for you in return for my referral.