Do you ever see something on the shelf and immediately see it as something COMPLETELY different?!?! (Please tell me I am not the only one who does this!)
Well, when I saw this trick or treat pumpkin sign sitting on the shelf at Dollar General, I immediately saw something totally different. What is funny is that what I saw it as and what I turned it into are actually 2 different things!
Let me walk you through how my mind worked in this project (scary, huh??) I cannot wait for you to see how it turned out!
First, I took off those bows. I mean…those bows need some love.
After I did that, I THOUGHT I was gonna paint the pumpkins and then do some fun designs, distressing and shading…..
SO, I started the paint process and did 3 coats. This part is not important anymore because I did NOT leave them like that.
Once I could see that I wanted to go in a different direction, I ran into my craft stash and grabbed a few things. I didn’t know what my goal was, but I did know I wanted neutral and fun with different textures!
First, I took a piece of paper from my hymnal and traced my first pumpkin and mod podged it on!
After that, I took some stain and just kinda rubbed it on the paper and distressed it!
Next, for the middle pumpkin I took some of my rope that I had on hand from the Dollar Tree and simply lined it up all the way up the pumpkin! SUPER easy. I just hot glued it on.
I didn’t have a clear vision for my 3rd pumpkin, so I decided to do a little work to the first two in order to see if I could come to a decision on the 3rd.
I added sticks to the stem of the first one and then added a couple pieces of neutral ribbon and glued them onto the bottom of the second one.
A bow was certainly on the agenda! This is a VERY simple bow made of raffia and a couple pieces of ribbon!
It was just hot glued on the first pumpkin! The second pumpkin got a bow with just 2 pieces of ribbon with a little wood bead glued in the center.
For the third pumpkin, I decided to continue with the hymnal paper to bring the two together…I just took it a step farther!
I took some burlap ribbon (it already had the polka dots) and simply hot glued 1 small piece to the bottom of the pumkin and then cut the sides to match the sides of the pumkin bottom.
To bring it a little extra texture, I took my tiny beads and hot glued them along the top portion of the ribbon to create a line…and then made a little raffia bow to top it off!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how this project turned out!
Let’s look at it all pretty in my home!
PIN FOR LATER!
JOIN MY TEXT LIST! Text HELLO to (270) 200-5848