Now, this is not my typical craft... however- I found myself having SO much fun just CREATING- and not focusing on if everyone will like it... Don't get me wrong, I hope you do of course 😂 but ultimately, I wanted to just make something that made me happy... so this little fabric home was born!
- First things first... gather up all your fabric! I have been accumulating random patterns of fabric for a very long time... whenever I see a cute one I like, I pick it up! My favorite place to find fabric is Hobby Lobby.
- The main part of this project is the wooden house! A VERY generous follower sent me a set of these wooden houses, and I just couldn't wait to craft with them! I'm sure there are plenty of places you can find them, but I found a great set right HERE!
- This whole project is prettyyyy self explanatory... you literally just cut your pieces of fabric to fit your house, and hot glue them on!
- One thing I do want to mention - make sure you let some of the fabric overhang on the house. You'll want to hit those edges with a sanding block!
- Next, I added some burlap to the sides of my house. I loved the extra texture it brought!
- I also added some burlap to make a teeny tiny little door!
- Next was the roof! I used this adorable little polka dot fabric to use for this- and see all that fraying? We WANT that!!! It makes it look more "whimsy" and imperfect!
- I even added a little bit of that same fabric to the top of the door, just because I love to layer! Another quick tip- feel free to use Mod Podge instead of hot glue for this! It will work just as good!
- I added on the little wood bead, and was DONE!!! Is it just me, or is this not the cutest little whimsy house you ever did see?!?! I just love all the different elements that are mixed in to this... it's not something I would usually make, but I'm SO glad I did!!!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases at no additional cost for you in return for my referral.
If you like crafting with fabric, I have a few other projects you might want to try!!! Specifically, this project where I took some Dollar Tree terra-cotta pots, and mod podged fabric onto them! You can see that one HERE.