You can never have too many cake stands... they are always good to incorporate in your decor to add height! Sometimes they can come with a hefty price tag... so I decided to make one using only Dollar Tree items- which ended up only costing a whopping $3!!!
- cake pan from Dollar Tree
- glass candle stick from Dollar Tree
- Wooden circle from Dollar Tree
- paints of your choice
- hot glue gun
- First things first, you need to pick out your paint colors for your cake stand! I decided to go with Key west and White from Apple Barrel... But I'll be mixing the two!
- This part will take the longest since it needs a few coats- but just start painting your base coat onto the cake pan!
- Mine took a total of 3 coats to completely cover!
- While you're waiting for this to dry, go ahead and stain your wooden circle from Dollar Tree. This will be acting as the base for the stand! (I'm using my FAVE stain- Kilz Dark Wax!)
- After my pan was completely dry, I started painting on some stripes to the outside, and dots in the inside! This is where you can get creative- paint whatever design you want!!
- It also took about 2 coats of paint to make the designs as vibrant as I wanted.
- Once everything is dry, it's time to assemble! Hot glue your glass candle stick onto your wooden circle.
- Then, hot glue your pan to the top of the candlestick!
- NOW YOU'RE DONE!!! I mean... I'm just OBSESSED with how this turned out... for only 3 BUCKS!!! I can see this being made in so many ways and so many colors... but that's where you come in with your creativity!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases at no additional cost for you in return for my referral.