If I've said it before, I've said it a million times. I LOVE to add height into my decor... so I can truly never have too many "risers"! What's special about this one, is it was made with mostly Dollar Tree items... because I'm all about saving that moolah!!! I love the way it turned out, and I can't wait for you to see how to make one for yourself, too!
- "plywood circles" from Hobby Lobby (linked in post)
- nautical rope from Dollar Tree
- 3 wooden rounds from Dollar Tree
- stain/paint of your choice
- hot glue gun
- You're about to be AMAZED at just how easy this project is! The very first thing you need to do, is stain/paint TWO wooden circles. I found mine in a pack of 5 for only $3.49 at Hobby Lobby! You can find them through my referral link HERE! I used the Kilz Dark Wax to stain mine- but you could totally paint then ANY color!
- The next step is to hot glue the Dollar Tree nautical rope onto the TOP of one circle along the outside. We're basically going to "sandwich" the rope between the two circles!
- As I said above, we want to "sandwich" them together... so go ahead and hot glue the other circle right on top! You want the stained side facing UP, as shown in the picture above!
- We're already on to the last step folks!!! Go ahead and hot glue your three wooden rounds onto the bottom of the riser. These will act as legs- so it's important that they are the same height to ensure it is stable! AND THAT'S IT!!! I decided to set mine in my guest bathroom, just to add a little dimension to the area I keep my soap!Didn't this update make this area look so much better?? This took me no time to make, and cost me probably around $5... MAYBE! This little project was so worth the time and money that was put into it- and you could make several to go in different places around the house!!
Are you a fan of Dollar Tree DIY’s?! I have a ton here on my blog… If you liked this one, then I know you’ll be interested in these!