You don't have to be here long to know that I'm a Christian... and being so, I love to display crosses throughout my home! With Easter right around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to create a new one, but for only TWO BUCKS!!!
- sticks (how many you use is up to you! But make sure some are smaller than others)
- twine from the Dollar Tree
- cotton pad from Dollar Tree
- hot glue gun
- First things first... go out to your yard and collect some sticks!! I gathered these bad boys in 10 degree weather with 6 inches of snow on the ground... so you know I'm dedicated to this cute craft- LOL!
- Go ahead and cut a pretty long piece of twine. This is to wrap the first bundle of sticks!
- This is for the vertical part of the cross. You want them to be pretty much the same length!
- I placed the center of the cut piece of twine on my bundle of sticks, and just started wrapping it around. It doesn't really matter what method of wrapping you use- you just want them to get all bundled up!
- when you get to the end of the twine, just tie it up and cut off the excess!
- do this exact same thing for the horizontal part of the cross- you want these sticks to by a little shorter than the vertical sticks to represent how a cross usually looks!
- Now, simply just hot glue the smaller set of sticks on top of the other set.
- This part is optional, but I LOVED the way it looked! I took this little cotton pad that I found at Dollar Tree, and tied it on to the center of the cross.... then you're DONE!
- Now, you can't tell me that this wasn't the quickest and cheapest little cross you've ever seen!!! I'm being serious... this only took me 5 minutes TOTAL to make!!! If you have five minutes and two dollars to spare, I would HIGHLY recommend trying this craft out!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases at no additional cost for you in return for my referral.