This is not your typical DIY, but there's nothing wrong with thinking out of the box to create some gorgeous decor!
When you're trying to craft on a budget, it is pretty much necessary to think "out of the norm" so you can be mindful on what supplies you spend your money on... thankfully, you can buy pretty much everything you need for this project for only $1!!! AND, the outcome is beautiful AND unique!
- Wooden Spoons
- Mod Podge
- Scrapbook Paper
- Sanding Block/Paper
- I just wanted to quickly mention that I purchased everything except the scrapbook paper at Dollar General! I just went there yesterday, and saw TONS of cute spring items (which I made a post about that HERE)! The set of 3 wooden spoons were only $1, and the larger one piece wooden spoons were also $1. The very first thing I did was pick out what scrapbook pieces I wanted to use. I tore mine out of a scrapbook booklet (linked HERE), but you can always buy individual sheets at Hobby Lobby for 4 for $1!
- Now, flip your pages front side down. Go ahead and trace your spoon onto the back... this does NOT have to be perfect. I did a different scrapbook paper design for each spoon!
- Cut out your tracings, and cut the bottom of the tracing to be round- like the inside of a spoon would be!
- After you have all your cutouts, we'll begin Mod Podging them onto each spoon!
- I know it's going to look weird at first... but you have to trust me!!! Just press your paper down into the spoon until it feels stuck by the mod podge. You'll want to press firmly on the paper to make sure there are no bubbles!
- This is what it should be looking like so far... again, just trust me!!
- THIS is where the magic happens. Take any kind of sanding paper (or sanding block) and sand the HECK out of it! You want it to look like it is MEANT to be inside the indention of the spoon... so make sure you sand all the edges super good!
- After they have all been sanded down, I took some twine and tied them all together... to form a bouquet! Here's how it turned out!!!! I think this is the prettiest little project to make for your spring decor- especially in your kitchen! Feel free to even paint the spoons! I decided to leave mine as is, because I really like that "natural" look they have- but paint would be pretty, too! I can even imagine these being great Mothers Day gifts!! Or even during the holidays, use Christmas themed scrapbook paper, and give them as gifts!!! Possibilities are never ending y'all!